The Avaya PARTNER Advanced Communications System (ACS) offers two messaging options: PARTNER Voice Messaging, or the PARTNER Messaging system.
1. PARTNER Voice Messaging is available through a plug-in PC card and provides basic voicemail and attendant capabilities. The configuration consists of two voice channels (ports) and four mailboxes.
2. The PARTNER® Messaging system is a module that plugs into one of the slots in a PARTNER ACS 5-slot carrier. PARTNER Messaging R7 is designed for customers who require moderate to advanced voice messaging capabilities and provides 2, 4, or 6 voice channels (ports) and up to 200 mailboxes.
PARTNER Voice Messaging provides the following basic voice messaging capabilities:
• Handles up to two calls simultaneously and provides service for four subscribers.
• Answers outside calls, plays a customized message prompting the caller to select a mailbox (1–4) for the party for whom the caller wants to leave a message—all without the aid of a receptionist.
• Allows callers to leave a private message if the called party does not answer or is busy on another call. The caller can also transfer to another system extension or the receptionist's extension for assistance.
• When a message is left in one of the four mailboxes, the message light on the system phone associated with the mailbox comes on.
• Allows subscribers to retrieve messages from any touch-tone phone on the premises or from a remote location. The system informs subscribers how many of these message are new and how many are old (previously saved) messages.
The voice messaging system provides two types of service:
• Call Answer Service. Allows the caller to leave a message or to transfer to another extension if the called party is busy or does not answer.
• Voice Mail Service. Allows subscribers to listen to messages and to manage their own mailboxes.
The PARTNER® Messaging Release 7.0 system integrates with all PARTNER® Advanced Communications Systems (ACS), and is backwards compatible with PARTNER Plus Release 3.1 and higher; PARTNER II Release 3.1 and higher; and the PARTNER Endeavor Communications System.
PARTNER® Messaging Release 7.0 provides the following:
• Two, Four or Six voice ports via Port License Card